This story tells us that we are sending a frigate to the Black Sea to conduct joint exercises.
Romania and Bulgaria are not American Allies. If they were Allies, they should probably BUILD SOME SHIPS before we agree that doing any naval maneuvers with them would have any value. Altogether those two countries have 3 Frigates and 5 Corvettes. What formidable allies we choose.
Training exercises with piss ant foreign countries is a type of waste that is bloating the military budget. A country that cannot even pass a budget, or pay its civilian employees, has no business buying fuel to send a Frigate to the other side of the planet to PLAY in Russia’s private swimming pool
According to this story, the USA has one of the slowest Internets in the world.
1. Capitalism sucks.
2. Greedy corporate profits.
I think they left out a few things. The thing that makes ANY internet-type system slow is traffic. And we have the most.
1. The Internet is an American Internet everywhere. Places in Africa connect to it by satellite, not to connect to each other, but to connect to US. So, all of the world’s through traffic goes through us, slowing down our network.
2. We are both a principle source of information and a market for products so our internal internet is very active compared to other places in the world. Much of the rest of the world cannot trust their internal package delivery services to not steal their goods, so there is no Amazon there.
3. We let our children get on the internet and download movies. Most of the rest of the world charges you by the byte. Streaming videos in most of the rest of the world is economically prohibitive.
4. Most of the tech support in America is provided by call centers in India, Pakistan, and the Philippines. Connected by the internet. If all that traffic went by normal phone lines I can only guess how much the load would be reduced on the rest of us.
5. F*&King Nigerians and Chinese spamming us and hacking us like they were getting paid for it somehow. Hugely reducing our bandwidth available to the point where it looks like a denial of service attack and billions of dollars are spent each year to mitigate it.
I’m not in your club so your rules don’t make a lot of sense to me, but good for you. Enjoy this happy time of depriving yourselves.
In fact I was in the club that left your club over stuff like this, (before they kicked me out of that club).
I will be using this time of Lent to do exactly the same thing I do every day: The best I can.
In case you were wondering if I were suffering from ADHD or Alzheimers and had moved on to the latest news cycle fad. I haven’t.
I still have a seething hatred for you and all your kind. Islam is the only good argument the world has ever produced for why genocide might not always be a bad thing.
Just so you know.
I realize that such comparisons are inevitable. (It IS a law after all). But I prefer to keep this blog above the sort of petty character assassination that passes for daily fare at other blogs and news “blogs”.
Especially since Hitler is dead and cannot defend himself from unflattering comparisons you all are using.
1. Our master diplomat, the wise and august John F*cling Kerry sent an official diplomatic tweet to the Russian government telling them, “mind your own business in Ukraine”. I think Kerry, the wise and well educated, lucked into probably the smartest thing he has ever said. The Ukraine IS Russia’s business.
2. We don’t have a dog in that fight. There are no strategic or American national security issues at stake. NONE. Ukraine could burn to a cinder and it wouldn’t harm us even the tiniest bit. But the Ukraine isn’t in any danger of burning to a cinder.
3. The current national security strategy of the USA is to refocus all our efforts onto the orient (China). Notice the lack of any focus on fixing ourselves here at home.
4. Even if Putin sends the 2nd Guards Tank Army into Kiev, in a fashion reminiscent of Gingis Khan, it still won’t be a cause for us to do a damn thing. Not military intervention. Not economic sanctions. Not even a sternly worded letter telling them to “stop it, we really mean it this time”. Putin is no Stalin. He isn’t going to kill millions of Ukrainians. It doesn’t matter to us or even to most Ukrainians which corrupt, incompetent Russian puppet rules over them. Let them sort it out themselves.
5. HOLY CHRIST ON A CRACKER. Will you Republicans just STFU about this? Yes we know our president is an incompetent neophyte and that he is Putin’s bitch. That might matter to congressmen with delusions of grandeur, constantly reminding everyone how different thing would have been if they were president. It doesn’t matter if hindsight shows Palin and Romney weren’t as dumb as we first thought. YES, THEY WERE THAT DUMB. THEY LOST TO WINGNUTHEAD. I DON’T CARE! There is nothing, NOTHING, going on in the Ukraine that is worth a single American life, a single cruise missile or even the jet fuel to sendt Kerry’s personal (taxpayer provided) air yacht to Moscow for “high level talks”. NOTHING. Stop playing games with other peoples lives. You aren’t that smart and no one asked you to.
Quick! Build the Navy back up to counter the Russian Navy.
Oh, wait. Here’s what the Russian Navy has:
CV – 1
CG - 5
DD – 13
FG – 4
COR – 74
SSN – 15
SSK – 18
SSBN – 13 + 6 (cruise missile)
So, not so threatening after all.