I saw a spate of similar stories recently: Towit…
1. This guy decided that it was his Christian duty to leave a bible behind in his motel room IN NORTH-F*&KING-KOREA. So then he appeals to the USA to help get him out. Sorry dude. If you want the full backing of the US military to come rescue your dumb ass, you probably should have asked our permission before you left. As it turns out, we are not in the least but interested , as a national policy, in rescuing Christians, anywhere. So. Enjoy that NORK prison. And don’t plan on getting released in 6 years either. You will likely be on someone’s organ donor list (as the donor) by then.
2. These girls up and get a taste of SJS (sudden Jihadi Syndrome) and fly off to the IS for vacation. One is already dead. I’m not taking bets on how long the other will survive either.
3. Then there are the journalists getting captured by IS and then beheaded. Stupid American politicians are talking about it as an act of war. “THEY CAN’T DO THAT TO AMERICAN CITIZENS AND GET AWAY WITH IT”!! Um, sweetheart, yes they can.
4. Doctors visit Africa to treat Ebola patients… and get Ebola.
5. Mountain climbers routinely carry SATCOM phones so that they can call for rescue wherever they might be when their plans gang agey. They just assume someone will be on the other end of that phone to take their call and have a high altitude helo standing by right when they need it. Hey guys, JUST STAY HOME and you won’t fall off a mountain and need to use that radio.
Where do people get the idea that the US Government has an obligation to protect our citizens all around the world, even in places where they have no Earthly business being? There is no government on the face of the Earth, not the USA, not any State, county or city that accepts the obligation to protect it’s citizens from all hazards. You are pretty lucky if the fire department and police get there most of the time.
Journalists: You are following your career and getting yourself into the deepest shit you can find so that you can get recognition, awards, and higher pay. You took that risk. Not my problem. You may as well have told me you were going to interview a polar bear about his thoughts on global warming, wearing only a light sweater and protected by your “press pass”. Not. My. Problem.
Jihadis: Don’t come back. I call upon every Imam living in the USA today to issue a fatwa declaring that every Moslem in America has a sacred duty to go to Syria and Iraq, and stay there.
Everyone else: If you do dangerous things or go dangerous places of your own free will, you are on your own. I strongly encourage you to follow your death-defying dreams for career, ego gratification, thrill seeking, or religious reasons. I would never try to stop you. I love freedom. Stop making me responsible for rescuing you.