I have a new house that has been in the works for a while. I’ve been trying to get out of the rental market for a few years and the past two years things fell through at the last minute.
The current acquisition is a nice place on three acres. Some woods to screen it off from neighbors. Full walk out basement. All the modern conveniences. It is new construction but been sitting without a resident for over a year.
But already my project list is growing:
1. It will need a back deck. The existing back door is about ten feet above grade. Watch that first step.
2. Half the basement is unfinished. That’s where my workshop will go. I’m thinking about extending wiring, lighting, finishing the walls, sound insulating, etc.
3. Media room in the other “finished” half of the basement.
4. Back yard fence. (A.K.A “the dog’s bathroom”).
5. Hot tub in the back yard. Maybe integrated with the deck.
So, if you have any good ideas on any of that stuff, feel free to send it my way.