Short answer: Everyone.
Even former criminals and crazy people. Even children.
1. Criminals. If they are no longer in custody, that is society’s way to telling you that they are no longer a threat to good order. They still have a God-Given right to self preservation and their past criminal conduct may put them at even greater risk of needing to exercise that right mor often than the rest of us. The law should not deprive them of that right. And if they are in custody, then the state that is holding them must also take full responsibility for protecting them. Throwing them into the general population with other violent people is unconscionable. The idea of violent male-rape in prison is a joke among many people, but it is an admission that the state intentionally fails to do its duty to protect inmates and uses the violence of other inmates to make the prison experience even more harsh than any judge or jury or legislature would be permitted to intentionally enact.
2. Crazy people. If the person is sane enough to be wandering the streets, they are sane enough to have a gun for their personal defense. The only exception I would make is for people who again are either in custody at some residential facility or having been declared incompetent to manage their own affairs and thus have some other person appointed as their custodian.
3. Children. The smallest and most frail among us are the most vulnerable to harm and thus in need of access to weapons. Their God-Given right to self-preservation does not start at the age of 21 or some other state-determined arbitrary point in their lives. It starts when they poke their heads out of their mother’s womb. obviously, an infant is not able to defend itself, even with a fully loaded Assault rifle and basic load of ammo (210 rounds, in 30-round mags). Thus, their custodial parents exercise that right on their behalf until the parents think the child is capable of doing it for themselves. Particularly kids who have to leave their homes, walk to a public institution and be confined with other children who are likely criminals.
4. Aliens. People from other countries, legal and otherwise. They also have a God-Given right to self preservation. They should exercise it in their own countries. I would be happy to sell them all the guns they can carry in the duty-free store at the airport. They may not exercise that right here because armed foreigners are collectively called an “invasion”. Our army exists to prevent that. Thiugh, to be fair, they have been AWOL on that account.
Everyone has a right to self defense. To the extent that the state restricts the exercise of that, the state is your enemy and wants you to die.
If you take the position that Self defense is a God Given right for you, then you must logically support it for everyone else*. Once you cross that bridge, you realize that things like gun registration and background checks are nothing more than small steps to deprive you of your life, first by getting you to cooperate in depriving others of their ability to preserve their own lives.
Who’s side are you on?
* I suppose it is posible that you have a very selfish and overprotective personal God that wants you to have self-preservation but doesn’t want anyone else to have it. Or you could be a follower of a God who is capricious and only wants you to have as much self-preservation as you can earn for yourself using your inherited half-god genes from your father’s side from when he sedduced your mother while disguised as a bull, and a magical sword.